Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Original email

Most of you have already read this, but here it is again.

I know for a fact I can not get through this without sobbing.BUT, they are tears of JOY! We found out today that we are pregnant! I was spotting just a little bit last night (as I did the other times I was pregnant), and I freaked out. I called the dr. and she had me come in today for all my levels to be taken. I could not wait to tell James in person, and called him immediately, sobbing. He didn’t understand why I was crying. At this point my HCG should double every 48hours. They are concerned because of my body’s inability to make progesterone on it’s on, and the spotting. I am taking shots every night and as long as it stays above 20, it is good. Right now it is at 33. I am still supposed to take it easy and stay off my feet when I can. I guess that means not standing up for every touchdown the Red Raiders score on Saturday. ;) That is going to be hard as a teacher, but my awesome friends at school will take great care of me. I go in Saturday for more blood work and will continue until my HCG is over 1,000. My progesterone will be monitored weekly, as this is the hormone that keeps you pregnant. I will be at 4 weeks tomorrow. They will do an ultrasound at 7 weeks. I am so excited, but filled with worry about my body’s ability to stay pregnant and to grow these baby (or babies), especially with my past history. Through out the last 3 years, I have recited and leaned on Jeremiah 29:11-14. It is a verse we all know so well, but has had such meaning to us over this time we have been in ‘exile’ and suffering. Also, Isaiah 41:10 has given me the strength to carry on a somewhat normal life, as well as Psalm 113:9 and Psalm:139. I cannot tell you how excited, relieved, and overwhelmed with God’s goodness I am right now. I know this journey is not over yet, and I will have a hard time resting easy until I hold our baby in my arms. However, I know that no matter what, I will love and serve my God. I wish I could call each of you right now to tell you this wonderful news. I couldn’t do it without crying. It has been all of yours support, love and prayers that have literally carried me through all of this. We will still need that through the next 9 months. My due date is May 16 th . That works out very nicely for a school teacher, as does my schedule this year sent from God. We love you all and will keep you updated with all the news to come,Dana and James I am sure I have left people off of this, please send it to them as well.11'For I know the ( A ) plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for ( B ) welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a ( C ) hope.12'Then you will ( D ) call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will ( E ) listen to you.13'You will ( F ) seek Me and find Me when you ( G ) search for Me with all your heart.14'I will be ( H ) found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will ( I ) restore your fortunes and will ( J ) gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will ( K ) bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'

No comments: